Saturday, August 22, 2009

Franchise Quarterly: I’ve turned it around with the Fins

As of right now I’m trying to stay in a good mood about the realism in my franchise. I also am hoping that this emerging flaw in the CPU defensive play calling logic isn’t going to ruin this ‘chise.

As of right now I’ve won seven games in a row with the Dolphins after a troubling 0-3 start. Granted I did play some tough teams at the beginning of the season (Atlanta, San Diego, Indianapolis) but this is starting to get too easy without any major change in the sliders.

My offense has really started to take off because I’m starting to burn the CPU defense when they bring the all-out blitz, which is happening a lot more than it should.

It’s going to be impossible for me to allow them to sack me or something to adjust for this so it seems a patch may be the only fix.

But for now, I’m not going to stop with this franchise because other than that, it is really getting fun.

I’ve had some very good games to the end with the Patriots and Carolina. I beat New England on a last-second field goal after blowing a 20-point lead from earlier in the game in large part due to turnovers.

The Pats simply could not run the ball and that is another thing I am noticing. A major focal point of the Madden 10 creators this year was to have you really see a difference between the best players in the league and the “average Joe’s.”

Well Sammy Morris isn’t exactly L.T. and that dimension of the offense was completely eliminated for the New England game allowing me to completely focus on stopping the pass which I was able to contain to hang on to the win.

I have played against two rookie quarterbacks (Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman) so far and they are a huge step down from guys like Brady and Manning and I think it is mainly due to low awareness ratings.

Before my last game against Carolina, those two quarterbacks were the only ones I sacked at all this season in the three games I played them.

Somehow, in an effort to improve the passing game slightly for the CPU, when I raised the pass blocking sliders for the CPU I ended up sacking Jake Delhomme five times in my Thursday night win on the road.

In that game I surrendered 196 rush yards to the Panthers mainly because of multiple long runs from Deangelo Williams.

So I’m feeling a little shaky with the sliders of this franchise though. I’m going to have to change a few things from this point on to get the games to be a little more competitive.

I’m playing the Bills next who have only one win on the season so I can probably chalk up win number eight for me.


Until next time, thank you, my name is Andrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment